- How is the medical education in Philippines?
- What are the admission requirements and eligibility criteria for the course?
- What is the total duration of this course?
- Is there any local bodies who can help in providing the overall info?
- What is the total fee of this course?
- Can a student avail loan facility, what are the procedures?
- What are the documents required for the admissions?
- What are the benfits given to students joining through our company?
- Since when are the Universities established?
- Where are these Universities located?
- Are the degrees offered by foreign universities recognized by Medical Council of Indian and World Health Organization?
- What is the medium of teaching in Philippines?
- How is the weather there?
- When are the intakes usually?
- Give a brief idea about the Hostel facility there?
- Whether the market is nearby or not?
- What about the availability of other facilities like laundry, library, Internet, etc. there?
- Are students allowed to prepare their own food?
- Are there vegetarian Foods available?
- Is there any dress code for college students?
- Are books available there or we need to carry along with us?
- Does stipend is provided there during rotational clerkship / internship period?
- Can I do my internship from My country?
- For how many days is the vacation period there? Can a student come to Home during
- What are the services offered by Us?
- How the students have to pay the charges to Us and total course fees?
- Whether the University will refund the fees in case the admission is cancelled?
- Is there any special provision for International students to solve their any personal
problems or queries?
- Can a student earn while learning?
- Can I practice in my country after I study medicine from Philippines.?
- Can I arrive prior to the orientation day?
- What is the cost of living in Philippines?
- What other types of expenses should I plan for while in Philippines?
- How can I get or exchange money while I am in Philippines?
- What do I need to bring with me from home?
- What is the voltage used in Philippines?
Philippines follows the American system (USA) of education. This is shaped due to the fact that Philippines was a colony of USA for a period of 50 years, which shaped the education system and has brought out one of the best education system in Asia. Due to this every 1 out of 10 Practicing Doctor in USA is from Philippines. The medical course in Philippines is called the MD program (Doctor of Medicine). This is similar to that of USA and rest of Europe. The MD program is equivalent to MBBS of UK, India, Pakistan and other Commonwealth countries. Students can directly aspire the Post-Graduation (Residency Program) with stipend with ease thereby no expenses for Post-Graduation. Also easy admits for Post-graduate program M.D. in India.
Citizen of any country is eligible to study in Philippines as a fee paying student for undergraduate and post graduate programs.
For undergraduate Medical program (MD), 12th standard with min 50% marks in with Subjects in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. However, top Institutes keep higher cut-off % for BS as well as for MD program.
For graduate (MS, MD) undergraduate in medicine with min 50%. For post-graduate (PhD)- graduate in medicine.
The total duration of this MBBS course is 5.5 years. The first 16 months (1 year and 4 months) is called the Bachelor of Science (B.S.) program and focuses on building foundation for a strong medical education.
The next 4 year is Doctor of Medicine (M.D.),the core medicine and clinical rotation.
The post Graduation is for 3 years and is called Residency Program. (Similar to that of USA)
Yes. Astute Academy will help complete all VISA and Admission formalities in India and Manila, Philippines. In addition, our team will pick the students from Indian airport and travel with them till Manila and get them settled in Hostel. The local support will be provided by Astute's Professional team in Philippines.
The fee varies for each university, please let us know which university are you interested to join and we shall send you the details accordingly. Normally Indian Rs.2.75 to Rs.3.5 lacs per year is Fees in Top 5 Institutes which is quite reasonable.
Yes, Students from India and other countries can avail education loan from any bank. The entire necessary information is provided at the time of enquiry by us.
Most important is Passport, Police Clearance Certificates, all marksheets, Birth Certificate etc. You will get the list of documents at the time of enquiry.
Highly Professional service, Admits in Top Institutes, Highly Secure Hostels for Girls and Boys, Quality Indian Food, Handling of Complete admission and VISA process, Help get Post-Graduation admission in USA or India post completion of MD course.
All these universities are established for decades before gradually diversifying in many advanced courses. For more details on each university please refer to the relevant page of each university.
All universities are located in very good and beautiful cities in Philippines. Each city has its own speciality. However, Astute Academy always prefer main Manila Capital Island which has 100% English speaking population, Highly secure with excellent quality Institutes.
All the medical colleges and universities which are recognized by WHO, are governed by CHED (Commission for Higher education and development) in the Philippines and listed in the IMED (International Medical Education Directory) are recognised by Medical Council of India.
M.D. (Doctor of Medicine) is the principal medical degree that is awarded by the Universities in Philippine. MD degree is recognized by MCI (Medical Council of India) as to be equivalent to MBBS.
As we had discussed earlier in Philippines even fisher man can speak English. Being an American colony for 50 years English has become the official language for government, Communication, day to day living and all other affairs. All the universities we are representing in the medical stream are having English medium education.
Refer to Education System in Philippines.
The Climate of the Philippines is tropical. There are 3 main seasons. Firstly from June to September is considered to be the areas rainy season when showers can be frequent and heavy although they do tend to pass relatively quickly. From October to February the climate is cool and dry according to the locals however the temperature only very rarely drops below 25 degree Celsius. Finally the hot and dry season which runs from March to May when temperatures can sore. Overall the climate is perfect for a holiday in paradise and long hours of sun make this a dream destination. In terms of what to pack it is advised that lighter clothing is taken, shorts and beachwear are of course essential although in the rainy season be prepared for a sharp shower.
July and November are two main Intakes for BS program. Students can even join after 1-2 months if they have decent knowledge about 11th and 12th standard.
All Medical Institutes have Air-Conditioned Hostels with attached Toilet in or around campus. Indian Food is easily available in Most of the Institutes admitting Indian students.
The students can choose to stay outside on their own shared accommodations after the 1st semester.
Yes. The market for daily needs is always nearby to the campus.
All such facilities are available at extra cost.
No. Most universities do not allow students to cook their food in room. Students who hire apartments or homes outside after 1st semester can do it by themselves or have food in student's canteen or in Small eateries located around the university targeting the local students.
All foods have vegetarian and non vegetarian components, Student can choose only vegetarian dishes if they want to. Jain food too is available in some institutes .
There are uniforms for students.
Some universities provides list of recommended books to carry and some books are given there during session. We suggest that the students carry the 10th, 11th & 12th books.
No, it is not provided.
Yes, but it also depends on the university applied for and also the medical board of the country where the students wants to do the internships.
The vacation period is of 6- 8 weeks, depending on the batch of student in which admitted . He/she can come twice a year and should inform the university accordingly.
Free counseling to select right course, University and Country?
- Arrange guaranteed admission in your desired University/ Course.
- Complete VISA and admission Documentation. Assistance for passport.
- Assistance for foreign exchange through bank
- Assistance for education loan.
- Accompany student to university and help in settling down.
- Regular feedback to parents on student's development.
- Post education placement assistance through global consultants.
For a detailed list of services please refer- Services offered
Student has to pay the processing fees by Cash, Cheque, bank transaction or wire transfer.
Once the students reports to the university and joins the same, the University regrets its inability to refund any part of the educational fees and other expenses paid by the student. The decision is all upon the university.
Every university has an International Students Department where a student could address their problems directly. Astute Academy also have their local team to solve any of the personal issues.
No, a student cannot do job while studying since he/she is having a student visa.
Yes, you can practice in your country , provided you stand by the local governing laws of the medical council or Medical board of your country. All our universities are recognized by the World Health organization, CHED and other bodies. But it is advisable to check with your local medical board for any specific requirements.
A: We form the groups and take the students well assisted by our Team. Our person will also accompany students in Aircraft and will ensure that students reach Institutes safely. In view, Astute Academy will provide the date of travel. Astute Academy will bear one way flight cost of the student.
This varies from Rs. 14,000 to Rs.15,000 per month in most Institutes. Very few institutes have higher fees.
A: Entertainment in Philippines is generally inexpensive. Transportation options include the public bus (which costs less than 10 pesos per ride) ect and taxi starts with around 60 - 80 Cents for 2 KM ride, Many students also opt to buy bicycles/motor bikes while they are in Philippines. Bicycles are the most prevalent mode of transport in Philippines.
You may bring money with you, either in the form of cash or traveler's checks. ATM machines are available in banks, or cash advances can be drawn over the counter at most banks for a transaction charge. Major hotels and most fine restaurants and stores now accept credit cards. Students enrolling for longer courses can open a bank account through the local bank on campus or down town and and transfer funds from accounts in their home country.
Today in Philippines you can find almost any product and brand that you would find at home. Soap, shampoo, toothpaste, etc. . are all readily available. We recommend that you bring any prescription medication in sufficient quantities to last for the duration of your visit and any preferred brands of over-the-counter medications (cold flu tablets, etc.) Clothing is also plentiful and very inexpensive. Shoes are available, but larger sizes are hard to find.
A: The voltage here is 220. Converters and power strips may be purchased locally.
We have tried to answer to all the possible questions. If we have left out anything please write to us or visit us